Thursday, June 24, 2010

waiting

Its that time of year again where I am waiting. Why you ask? Well my other love is XC skiing and from around now I am getting prepared to get out the skinny ski's and get them ready for the coming weeks of craziness. Previous years have seen me clock up some mammoth driving distance to catch races and get some snow time. Too early to tell what is going to happen for this season, I watch the various forums and reporting sites for feelings and serious weather reports (man some take themselves seriously when reporting the weather) about coming snow fall.


Hopefully the next 7 days will give us a start with some heavy falls possible.... not to fussed yet as I have until the end of August to get myself right for the Australian Birkebeiner. The above charts are showing some promise and the weather reports of some very cold weather from late Saturday and I have my fingers crossed. Only attempting the shorter 21km race this year unless I have some suicidal thoughts that the full marathon is achievable. Running to boost my ski fitness has started and my lower body is still trying to thank me for that little wake up call.
The cross bike is almost ready with the brake levers arriving yesterday in the mail. Just need to get some bar tape, cable inners and outers, and some time to finish her off. Looking forward to Sunday for a change of scenery, but I really don't know what to expect..... fun is my main expectation. Get on down if you can for a look and have a crack for something different. Info can be found here.
Weather for commuting was just bearable this week with a -0.5 on Tuesday morning. Despite many layers of thermal and wool, booties, belgie style cap, I really failed to get a sweat up. Saw some awesome frosted areas and cars on the way to work. Most pedestrians where tucked up in bed as the route to work was very quiet.
I made it up the Nongs this week for a quick roll. I am really loving getting back up there. Just need to get some more time booked in so I can do a up, over, up & over. Got the route planned, a old favourite of mine.
Not alot else to report ATM.
Happy trails
p.s Check out Chris Winn's (you can find it on the right) sight as he is ripping it in the US and had a spectacular last week in Minnesota.

No comments: