Monday, June 14, 2010

winter sun

This arvo I finally got my mojo on and kitted up for a roll. The video below was inciting me to get out and roll some backwoods. Whilst not being what I planned in my head I was glad to get out all the same. I had planned to roll up the Nongs, but time was running out. After wrestling with my inner self to get out and make the most of it and pumping up the tyres (front tube blew out and I had to replace it), once rolling I was smiling from ear to ear. Some thing about this time of year when you get cool crisp days with little wind and the occasional sunny afternoon, makes riding even more pleasurable.
As I was rolling along I was taken back to my childhood of bike riding on the old 7 speed with other kids from my street, pedaling as hard as you could racing each other for am imaginary finish line. Rolling through big piles of leaves, skidding over wet front lawns and cruising from house to house. Such freedom you have as a child with few boundaries, guess it is one reason why I get out on the bike now as it gives you a sense of freedom, independence, peace.
Commuting is also a escape I have found recently that gets me in a good head space after work as being surrounded by people who are critically ill and unlikely to experience such joys anytime soon, or if ever again. Usually the ride home allows me to process the days events in my head, sorting through and storing what I want, seems I discard most.
A quiet week this week as I am on night shift, so maybe a few short arvo rides if I am up for it after sleeping all day, we shall see. Might pedal out for a brew if the weather is good over to Romeo's in Greythorn.
Happy trails.