Friday, July 30, 2010

3hrs... more dirt

Got a leave pass and headed out on a old loop from home to Han's loop. Took a small detour through the State Park in Warrandyte. Had weather of all types in that 3 hours, sun, rain, overcast at times. It was fun being back on the dirt for the second time this week. The Karate Monkey was proving fun to ride, she didn't enjoy some of the slop on offer with a few times getting a bit of slip and slide. Lots of really wet sections, winter has really given the trails some water.
I pretty much cooked myself today, deciding to ride hills, pretty much not many other options out here. I ended up with 900+ metres of climbing for the whole ride, not heaps but there are some nice pinches on offer.
I managed to break a chain good and proper, took out 5 links in the effort. Lucky for me I had a quick link and chain tool on offer to fix it. The ride continued but on a much shorter offer of gears. That means a trip to get a new chain this week!
Was glad to roll into the drive and have lunch and put the feet up after a shower.
Next week will involve more time on them skinny skis with the approaching weather hopefully dumping some white stuff on the far hills for my enjoyment!

No comments: