Friday, November 12, 2010

illness strikes


So the week has officially been a right off. Apart from turning up on Wednesday night to the Fatties ride and having my arse handed back to me looking like like chop sui, both Jnr and I have been struck down with flu.
What started out as a hay fever like runny nose on the ride ended me yesterday lying on the couch with a hoodie and track pants on stating I was cold despite the nice 30 odd degrees outside. I self diagnosed myself and still went to the doctor and handed over my $65 bucks (I am in the wrong job) for a sick certificate.
Today I feel just as shit and have already been to the ED with Jnr as she is not to well. She has improved since this morning, and still cracks a smile at her dad. Did get a offer from a hooker at the ED to accept her cash to go to another hospital as she said Maroondah Hospital was shit. After growing up in the area I already new that but I told her to keep walking, seems her plans last night might have gotten the better of her!
I had planned to roll down the beach and have breakfast with Gerro but had to pull the pin on those plans. Shame, summer is short enough, it goes so fast when the Euro guys are back in town, leaving little time to catch each other.
My XT parts are almost at my door, so maybe they will turn up and give me some happiness for the weekend between moving from the couch to the bed.
So time to rest up and make the plans for my return to bike next week illness free.
Looking forward to the Fatties nostalgia ride. Thing is Neil has been keeping it alive, though the numbers have dropped, its still going. I will attend to see who drags themselves out of the wood work for a night of trail riding fun.
The Smith's Gully Christmas ride is planned for the start of December. Its another reason to smile and get on out and have fun, the post ride burgers are worth the turn out alone!
Happy trails!

No comments: