Monday, April 4, 2011

quiet times

Due to a 11 day straight stint at work & family commitments, I have had the riding of bikes on the mind but on the back burner. Hence on action on the blog either! I did manage to get out on the fatties on Wednesday night on a massive gear on the SS. Small group for the last daylight savings ride of the year. Han's loop is holding together well, and whilst I did my own modified loop I had a ball whilst the others smashed themselves.
Yesterday I hooked up with Mooter and rolled up the 1:20 with him twice followed by a brew and fruit toast at Ripe in Sassafras. It was a cool wet descent back down but I was glad I had fitted a ride in before doing 60th birthday celebrations of my Father in law.
This week I am off to Bright for the 2nd round of the Vic Enduro Series. I have wanted to do this race as the trails are sweet around the forests surrounding Bright. Ryan Moody is accompanying me for the weekend. I am going to run it single speed and have swapped the gear out for a less knee cap popping one than I have been running lately. Should be a good weekend, camping, bikes, a beer or two.... doesn't get much better!
Not much else is news, the search for a geared 29er continues.... something is on the horizon but more on that later!

1 comment:

Diesel said...

See you up there mate. Can't wait... I've just been studying the course and it looks beautiful!