Thursday, April 21, 2011

back on the commute

So recommenced the commute to try and get some kilometers under the belt. Things are going up and down like a yo yo around here. Between a busy work schedule, sorting out the whole renovation stuff and playing dad it leaves little time to get out on 2 wheels. Add the shit weather of late that keeps flooding the trails, getting out on the dirt has not been a great idea. Whilst I could do it I cant be fucked cleaning the bike back up afterwards. Even the commute home last night will keep me cleaning up the road bike for a few hours despite having mudguards on.
I did manage to get back out and up the mountain on the weekend for a couple of laps up the 1:20. So its not all bad.
I don't mind the commute, I have the wet weather gear to keep me as dry as possible, a good light and a simple route to work. Should help me in keeping the fitness up and the kgs down.
Not long now until I get my hot little hands onto a new frame for the geared bike. Lets see what turns up post Easter. Will post pics when it all comes together.
Shame the Geelong mtb club has had to bail on the 6hr at the You Yangs due to complications from the weather system that passed through in January. Good for me cause it gives me a little more time to get my shit together for the next round which I think will be Bendigo.
I have to work through the Easter holidays but hopefully if the weather holds I will get out on the bike. As I listen to the piter patter on on the roof I am not too sure.
Happy trails!

No comments: