Thursday, April 7, 2011

expectations

Expectations, big word with a lot meaning for me as I often expect way too much of myself. I am starting to realise that working full time, planning a massive 6 month renovation of my home, being a father, and trying to ride a bike are not fitting well into the waking time I have.
Between work and my other commitments, this week has flown by with no bike time again. So what do I expect of myself this weekend?.... to finish the whole six hours! Yep that is the goal. Unless I have a major mechanical the plan is get it done. There is going to be pain, that is cool, as they say what ever pain you feel only makes you stronger and it dont last forever.
It should be a sweet weekend, rolling out with Ryan Moody, simple camping and those trails are good fun from previous experience. I have been looking forward to this race for ages as it has been pegged by myself as a must do. Its a must do because I love the North East and when you combine that area with bikes, a race and some locally brewed beer it is all good!
So here's to 6 hrs on the single speed come Saturday!
Happy trails!

No comments: