Thursday, July 12, 2007

hitting the local

I'm lucky that we have in Melburn quite a few areas that are accessible for mountain biking. Just 5mins ride from my humble home is this little area that has some alright single track that is good for a hit out. If Im keen to stretch the legs further I can get right over to the Yarra Trails system by following this green corridor or down to Warandyte to the 4th Hill area. Always good fun and great after a day at the office.
On my last pedal down there on Tuesday, I was saddened to see that the Eastlink work is progressing and going to take out more of the single track but as we all kmow more will be cut by bikers, just like along the Yarra Trails.
On this day I took the trusty dog, Farlee for a hit out......man o man does Farlee love a run with the bike. We have had many a nocturnal session discovering the wildlife along the Yarra. Not much on this wet dusk, just a fox who he gave a good chasing and the usual collection of rabbits. Border Collies what can I say....love to run

Farlee...crazy!....with the rig
Not much else to write...maybe a quick ski tomorrow before work, if Im lucky

No comments: