Sunday, October 28, 2007

blind corners!

Yesterday as I had a day off from the salt mines I headed up the Dandenongs for a pedal. Taking my time (I aint no mountain goat) I cruised up the 1:20. 2kms from the top after the false flat I was checking out the view I looked down and saw a bloke with a motorbike in the scrub. He was a bit daze and asked him if he was alright. He was amazingly. He had lost it coming around the blind corner and slid over the edge of the road. I still cant believe that he missed a big gum tree and numerous rocks and peices of timber he could have impaled himself on. All he had wrong with him was a 20 cent peice of skin off his knee. His bike looked pretty messed up and stated that his insurance had ran out 2 days ago! Lucky for him that some one saw him cause if he had fucked himself he could have been in the scrub for a while.
Shout out to NZ Gav who was hit by a car this week on the Tour of the Burbs....get better cause we need you for the 24hr race.
Well done to Richie E for the 4th place in the melburn to warnie yesterday. A lazy 300km race (longest in the world now I believe) averaged 40 odd kms/hr for just over 7 hrs. Long hard day in the office!

No comments: