Monday, October 22, 2007

its heating up



Ok the first taste of summer has hit us with a 33 degree day yesterday. After saturdays efforts I some how managed to get a dose of food poisioning. So with the day off work I headed out to the last stage of the Sun Tour and found a shadey place to sit and contemplate.
Managed to catch up with some of the famous and infamous colorful characters of Australian cycling. Seems like some are going to have a tuff year ahead with some of our local guys missing out on contracts at this stage for the next 12 months.
Managed to push my way through the throng of people surrounding the SRAM Bissel tent and got a few quick words from Rich. Lucky bugger now gets to front up to the Melburn to Warnnie (have fun with that 297km blast) next Saturday before some well earned time off!
Checked out the SRAM display.... OK the SRAM Red groupset looks cool but $3000 for a group set..... mmmm maybe not, I will stick with the Dura Ace thanks!
Caught up with Shane and wished him ahappy birthday.... I promise the present is comming!!! Ended up with Big Al and his new lady for a quiet ale at Transport in Fed Square.
Me, well this week try and get some decent riding in this week, work alot as usual and work out what the fuck to do for my birthday...... I was hoping that my 29er would be here but every time I check for its arrival date it has moved further away (might be here in mid November!! might have it dialed in for the KONA).

ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks mate, we have to go for mtb soon at lysterfield and have our icarusi.