Sunday, October 7, 2007

return to racing

Well today was D Day! I returned to the little place of pain called Glenvale for a 1hr crit which I was unsure about. I was expecting that my day would be done quickly as I havent raced on the road in over 12 months. I headed down to Glenvale and was sure that i would last only 15mins in B grade. Caught up with some familiar faces that I have not seen in a while, including Trent Lowe who I thought would have been on holidays by now after the European season. He looked good and seemed happy with his new team for next year.
Well the race itself was a blast. Nothing like screaming around a crit course in a bunch. At times I was flying, others creeping.....ah the memories of when I could do it with out tiring! I must admit that I suprised myself with making it 45mins til the elasitic finally snapped and let me loose of the bunch. The first 15mins were the worst, plenty of gutter time and chewing the bar tape! Next week I am aiming for the full hour but we will have to wait and see.
Riding home I well and truely got the bonk from hell. I had to stop at a service station and devour some Mars bars and a can of Coke.
Another shout out to Richie for his efforts at the Tour of Tasmania with another stage win (bloody super criter!! Just need to pull something of at the Sun Tour now!)



Keep the wheels turning til next time
Ciao

1 comment:

Gunsle said...

Great Effort Big Fella, I'll have to get down their and join you soon.
I'll need my 'Fat Bastards - Grade Concession Car' for that old b!tch Lorraine. haha