Friday, October 5, 2007

snakes

Ok spring means many things. Sunshine comes out sand so does the magpie, but the other thing that comes out is the trusty snake (everyone has some bike riding snake meeting story). In many areas where I ride on and off the road there is always the risk of comming across a snake. I am mainly in tiger snake country and these little fuckers are in the top 10 of the worlds most deadly snakes, are angry alot of the time and have some nasty arse venom.
I have been looking after someone in the ICU who had the misfortune of being bitten this week on the ankle whilst riding a bike (how unlucky... just out enjoying the weather) and is now knocking on deaths door. Didint help that he rode for 10 mins to get home. Makes me think that I will be packing the compression bandage in the kit this year when off road!
Busy week with a bit of training thrown in. Managed to get out on the roller skis and on the bike. I have got the weekend off so I am heading up into the hills for some training tomorrow and then racing on Sunday at the infamous Glenvale!



Well done to Richie with a win down in the Tour of Tassie..... hope to catch him soon for a pedal
Check ya!!



Oh and I want these socks that sock guy has made and previewed at interbike!

1 comment:

Gunsle said...

Yeah w!cked sox.
I see Rich E just won ANOTHER stage of the 'Tour of Two Heads' too.
No wins all year and he comes home and dominates!!!!