Wednesday, October 17, 2007

mountain sunshine


Decided to finally bite the bullet and revisit one of my old haunts. The famous Mt Dandenong is one of melburns destinations for cyclists. I was a regular rider up in the blue hills in all seasons but often the ride to the base was a nightmare as melburn expanded, so I eventually binned it and opted for other routes. Today was a perfect example of fine spring weather with not a cloud in the sky, cool breeze and little traffic (trust me I was expecting a battle to get there). I did get myself lost trying to ride through some side streets for a quieter ride and ended up having to ride some single track to break on through back to another road.
I rode up the 1:20 route and through Olinda back down to Montrose and home a lazy 2 hr ride. Awesome views out towards the Yarra Valley. The ride up wasnt as bad as I remebered. Managed a reasonable time in the big dog. My thighs are feeling it now (secret training miles for Glenvale!).
Other news to hand is that we have put a supersixes team together with all the usual suspects for the KONA 24HR in December. Should be a blast, I believe that the area at Forrest has some Glen Jacobsen designed single track in it.
Ran into Gerro yesterday at threso's riding his new Credit Agricole 08 Look. Bloody nice bike. Nice Dura Ace carbon singles......might have to knock those suckers off when he aint looking.
Suntour..... following it a little, might have to check out a stage live soon!

No comments: