Saturday, January 5, 2008

January - must be Bay Crits!

Having had the last 5 days off have been a blessing....warm weather and the start of racing for 2008. I caught 3 days of the Bay Classic and managed to catch many different people who I had not seen for a while.
I caught up with Andy White who some would know from his website fyxomatosis and from being a all round nice guy. He had the misfortune of having a nasty accident and breaking his neck resulting in a halo brace and a few months off the bike. I was wrapped to catch him at the first stage to shoot the shit. If anything is to be learnt from Andy's misfortune or luck it is wear a bloody helmet!!
Caught up with Chris Winn who was racing the B grade support races and told me of his plans for next year...cant reveal yet so stayed tuned!
Its was good to catch the many others who were lurking around the pit areas, both from the local and international scene's.
Little Cam was smashing it up in B Grade and doing well dishing out some gutter time to his fellow racers. He managed a couple of top 4 placings and was unlucky not to catch the split last night in Geelong.
The Pro mens racing was great to watch as there was plent of anger in the legs being dished out for the first real hit out of 08 prior to the Nationals next weekend.
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am on the job again with feeding the Credit Ag boys. Should be a good day as it keeps it interesting. Fingers crossed for a result, should be a great race with many people on new teams and looking to wear the Aussie Strip overseas, aswell as it being a Olympic year.
Been out on the bike a bit despite the hot weather and loving it at the minute. I was headed in to the Carlton for a coffee run the on Wednesday when I spotted what I thought was a car fan belt on the road. As I got a little closer it was noted to have yellow stripes on it....it was a bloody Tiger snake...lucky for me I realised that mother nature had already sorted it with a car wheel and it was dead. Even so I still gave it a wide birth!!!!
happy pedaling

No comments: