Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tuesday night racing


Well the dirt crits by deluxe continue to get bigger. Thank god for the weekend rain that resulted in a moist trail that didnt give up the dust tlike the week before. I changed tactics this week and started at the back so I could ride the course uninterupted. I was liking it and picking up a few spots till I binned it. Funny fall right in front of the wife, but hey no damage! I lasted the 30mins and was glad to see the end of it in with a cold can of VB.
The course was ran in reverse which I loved bar the short drop off that we had to go up...became a bit of a bottle neck and why cant the geared folk get up the fuckn thing!!!!! Hats off to the Deluxe boys for this pearl.


Thats me on the inside!!!


post race beer time



Got one more of these to do before I have to get on the vomit comet, which is a little sad cause they brighten up a otherwise mundane week!
Mister Sister, NZ Gav and myself are off this friday night to check out a twilight race at the You Yangs in the Western Plantation that Geelong MTB club are runnning. Looking forward to it as I havent done a decent hit out since the Kona. Not that there has been any form to speak of!!!! But it all counts towards getting some form in for the skiing (3 weeks till Im back on the white stuff.....mmmmm cant wait).

Had a pedal with Richie E before he headed off to Sydney. We did our usual jaunt up to Sassafras and back down. I wish him all the best for his forth coming adventures stateside and plan to catch him at the Tour of California (Fingers crossed for some team car time Ritchie!!!!!).

And Renshaw pulled out a win in the first stage of the Tour Down Under!!!! Awesome.....

Happy Pedaling

No comments: