Sunday, March 8, 2009

back on the road

OK after a 10 week hiatus due to a mechanical issue (needing a new road frame) I see that very little has changed with driver cyclist relations. I headed out for a late arvo ride as I had the joy of domestic duties to perform..... a bit of gardening and the workshop needed a clean out. On that, it is amazing how much shit one collects from cycling. Lets just say the hard rubbish collection will have some bike parts in it!
So whilst out on my Saturday arvo ride, I had a cock of a bloke pull a u-turn in front of me in a rental truck yesterday. I had enough speed to pull in the middle lane and roll past him. A few taps on the side of the truck and a bit of "ya fuk wit" was exchanged. Luckily the lights and my anger meter stayed green. Many a fool was seen yesterday driving on the phone not looking where they were going.
I headed down to the Yarra Blvd for a gentle roll. Man some of the new houses there are something to behold. I see that the trails that were tight lines are now shooting in every direction (any wonder they rangers want to shut down MTB in the part of town).
Once getting home I felt like I had been out all day, feeling muscles I didnt remember having. Heres to more road miles to get that body back in to swing. It is amazing how much form you loose doing something else like XC skiing for a month.
Happy trails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What we need Big Mak is a photo of the new Road-Weapon fully built up in all her glory. The frame certainly looks super tidy.