Monday, March 30, 2009

sundaze

Sunday saw Gav, Brendan and myself hook up for a 3 hr loop out at Smiths. Greeted with perfect weather and great company we head out on a bit of a lung buster. Brendan and Gav had ants in their pants and were hammering the trails as I was playing second fiddle chasing them on the single speed. Brendan was on his new Giant Anthem which is a nice looking machine and pronounced his love for it repeatedly.
I would post photo's but the camera was left at home!
The boys took me up the water bar climb, most of which I had to walk cause I could get no grip on the steep incline out of the seat. It must be the high point of the area as you can spy all of Melbourne from the top. We rode some fresh single track that has been built of recent times that is nice and flowing.
Apart from some minor issues with the single speed (using a quick release that was a bit old and it was slipping at times) it was a cracking loop that had minimal black top, plenty of climbing and was finished off by Brendan's long lunch at his house. Boy Brendan and the family can turn on a decent feed..... will have to return the favor with a loop and lunch out here one day!
Two days in a row with decent efforts sees me a bit spent this morning.... so enjoying a coffee, reading the paper and spending time with the dogs chillin out!
Get out there!

No comments: