Thursday, March 19, 2009

heave ho

Headed out with Jase for a trip back to the Fattie's night ride. This is a ride that has been going on for years and always has a key component which is speed. With the BMC coming up in a month I thought I better get out for some intensity. I got that from the word go. I had swapped out the gearing but it was not enough. I was like a greyhound on speed chasing a rabbit's arse down a race track. Time to do a bit of a re think about the whole gearing thing.
I guess we are lucky about where we live as there is always trail you can link to get to or from where you want to go. Jase pointed me through new trail on the way out to the fatties meeting point. Same with the trip home Jase had discovered some trail linking up at section that in the past had a nasty climb. Now we have a sweet short peice of single track and a romp up a fire road, which we hope is not on private property but.... got to catch us riding it!
So after a little over 3.5 hrs of riding, some 50+ km's and a few Ascend bars I made it home in one peice. The joy of waking this morning for eggs on toast and a coffee feeling like a elephant had had its way with me overnight. Nothing a light spin over to Romeo's for a brew and a pick up of freshly roasted beans wont fix. I had also hoped to burn out my head cold last night but it still is haging on in there!
Later.

No comments: