Monday, June 29, 2009

Big Mak just registered for Kangaroo Hoppet 19

Big Mak just registered for Kangaroo Hoppet 19 on Active

Shared via AddThis

So as you can see I have committed myself to some pain come the end of August. The Kangaroo Hoppet is Australia's premier XC ski race.The Kangaroo Hoppet is part of the Word Loppet Series which sees racers from all over the world descend on Falls Creek for a marathon race. This will be my first attempt at the full distance (I usually do the 21 km event called the Australian Birkebeiner) but after a 30 km race in Canada earlier in the year has me keen to attempt it. Training is being done and the results are starting to show. I am now enjoying the running and surprisingly it is helping with the riding.
My only issue is work and it has hit big time with me doing a 18 hour shift yesterday. I have seen some seriously sick people in my time in ICU (7 years) but the last 24 hours have blown my mind at how sick young people can get with the latest round of influenza/ pneumonia going around town. I was glad to get out of work today after the marathon effort of OT. OT is a welcome thing because the cash is nice and helps when buying product for bikes and ski's but it leaves you pretty empty.
I picked up a Thomson post today from Rich (my brother from another mother) and was wrapped with the service from him and the BSC crew. I will be back for some much needed new rubber for the 29er, maybe for the Australian Marathon Champs.
Tomorrow will hopeful be a nice ride home from work via the Yarra Trails on the 29er, weather is expected to be shit but I need the training. I NEED SOME DIRT TIME AFTER THE REBUILD!
Later in the week sees my return to Falls Creek for a ski, hopefully some racing with the Birkebeiner Classic, if the snow comes. Looking at the forecast we should be right. I think Timmy Clarke is up for it and it should be nice to catch up with him for a ski hopefully. If no racing then some enjoyable skiing instead in fresh snow should be on the cards. Maybe even a swing by of the Bridge Road Brewery in Beechworth.
Happy trails!

No comments: