Friday, June 5, 2009

roadrunner

Well, a easy week this week has sought of been forced upon me. I have been blocked by the weather a little, plus with the ski season approaching I am forced to get my act together pronto. Work is slightly mad and has me tied up for 9 days straight before heading straight to Brisvagus to do the ride with Mister Sister and friends.
I hit the road on my running shoes rather than wheels this week as my first race on the skis is a month away, I do require snow, which is just around the corner. ( please note I am regularly doing a snow dance -naked of course- to get the season under way....come on snow gods)
I note that running hurts a lot, its bone jarring feelings are less than welcome but given some of the hurdles I must conquer this year on the skis it is a new best friend. So i smashed out a run along some undulating terrain around the area I live in and was happy when it was over. I am looking forward to some new skis that are somewhere between Austria and Melburn in the back of the cargo plane direct from Fischer. Cant wait to get them on my ski legs!
In bike related news, I have dropped the forks out of the 29er and they are now sorted and should be back together soon. Deep in contemplation about swapping out my stem on the 29er as I am slightly sceptical about its condition after the failure of the bars, mmmm thinking hard! I hooked myself up with some Brooks honey brown leather bar tape for the road bike that looks sweet on the bars and I am hopeful that I can find the funds (I hear the work OT alarm bells) for a matching leather saddle soon.
The only joy on the horizon will be a pedal with Craig on Sunday morning, if the predicted rain holds off, otherwise the run will be the only option.
Anyway off to work for some more tongue biting fun!
Happy trails!

No comments: