Sunday, September 6, 2009

chillin

Sittting, chillin out on the couch after a busy week. Plenty going on around here. It has been a regular domestic blitz with gardening, cleaning and organising. Mulched the front garden, but had to first shovel the mulch off a house down the street when the delivery was done to the wrong address. Nothing like double handling mulch. Anyway at least the garden supply company sent back a truck and a bloke to give me a hand.
A few rides on the rode bike with a trip to pick up some fine roasted beans from my favourite little java house Romeo's. Been a while since I have been on the blacktop on the road bike. Took a little while to get use to the different position but nice as always. I did however find a crack in the rear rim so I have had to swap the wheel out so I can get it repaired. Some things just don't last.... maybe its just the shear horse power!!!! lol!
Today I headed out with Jase for a jaunt around the local area on the road bikes. A nice lazy 1.5 hrs, talking crap and followed by a java and his wife's (Tessa is quite the cook of cakes and muffins!) excellent walnut and date loaf.
I hit the gym yesterday and worked out the core strengthening regime for the next few weeks. Lots of fit ball exercises which create lots of pain.... 90% of the workout is done on the fit ball using my body weight as resistance plus some free weights.
This week is going to be busy with some painting of the house, more work in the garden and a few trips to the gym. Don't worry I am planning a couple of long rides, cause I have to get going as I feel that I am struggling a bit on two wheels.
Great to see some fantastic results from the Aussies at the worlds in Canberra. You can read more over here. Some future stars are in the making!
Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! ӏ simply wish to giѵe you a big thumbs up for
the excellent infο уou have right heгe оn this post.

Ӏ’ll bе геturning to your wеb site for
moгe soon.

my blog :: pilates workout