Friday, September 18, 2009

Low key week

Kicking it at home again this week, chillin out and taking it easy.... sort of. I have been busy painting and playing Mr Fix it around the house. Almost finished painting and playing in the garden.
Done a couple of gym sessions and had a few rides, one with Jase and Nat running part of the trail for the up coming adventure next week. We ran out of light and had to turn around (cause the street lights were on and I promised Mum I would be home by then!) so we covered some descent km's. Jase was grinning from ear to ear cause he was on his Compulsion smashing it down the descents. Me I was smashing a big gear left on from the Urban Epix. but it didn't feel too bad. My legs told me otherwise the next day!
In other news I have had the final results for the Australian Ski Chase which has me 12th overall for the men born after 1960. Happy as Larry with that and it gives me something to improve on for next year as there were some talented current and former world level skiers in front of me. Not to worry plenty of time to get it going for next season, hence the commencement of strengthening the core at the gym.
Saw my rigid 29er forks today at the powdercoaters, thanks to the trusty hands of Ewen I should have them next week fingers crossed. Looking forward to trying out the rigid thing...... will it be a stayer? Time will tell.
Picked up some new MTB shoes from Andy S. A nice pair of Pro Specialized shoes which fit like a glove... will break em in this weekend with Marty up at Smiths Gully.
Keep it rubber side down and Happy Trails

No comments: