Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend

A decent weekend of pedaling was had by myself. I met up with long time mate Craig for a jaunt down to Frankston, up the beach for a brew and then the pedal home. A nice little 120km which had me feeling pretty hollow by the time I rolled home. The wind heading back up the beach was a fuckn giant killer. I knew when we were rolling down to Frankston rolling turns that I would pay for it on the way back. The return trip involved some gutter time and me blowing apart and rolling off the back of the group for the lone trip to the coffee shop.
Every man and their dog was present on Beach Rd obviously getting fit for the Round the Bay ride. Some pretty unskilled punters that I was glad to steer clear of.
Yesterday saw me coax Marty over to my side of town to hit up a loop out at Smiths. I was feeling empty from the day before and decided to leave a big gear on (mainly cause I was feeling lazy and couldnt be stuffed swapping out the 34 for the 32) and could see that it was going to hurt. We headed out and rode the sweet trails. The trail were in perfect nick after the recent rain bar a few puddles. Looks like there has been a few riders out there and it would be the first time I would see around 10 or so other riders on the trails. Obviously the word is out and people are getting out and enjoying the choice trails.
Marty said to me on the phone a few days before that he was told it was hilly out there. I had not really given it much thought and said nah cant be that bad cause I ride it ok. Yesterday I had to agree with him, it is hilly but it rocks! Marty was grinning after smashing some of the trails... I reckon he will be back for more!
New kit from Marty, sweet jersey and armwarmers, with a matching T shirt in the unform color of black and black!... sweet!
Heading out tomorrow night for the first of many Crits being run by Flathill. Just hope the weather backs off a bit from the forecast.
Time for me to pull the kit on and roll over to Romeo's for a coffee!
Happy trails!

No comments: