Saturday, September 12, 2009

sweeet local trails

Headed out yesterday for a bit of the recon for the Epix/ Big Mak/Mr T Tee Pee Adventure that we have on in a couple of weeks. The good news is that the trails are dialed all bar the entry into Tee Pee as there is a mother of tree down over the trail (oh I need a chainsaw.... but the local greenies would kill me!). The trail needs a little love but Jase and I are going to scope the trail out a bit more and give it some lovin with a saw.
The rest of the trails I rode yesterday arvo were in great nick, which surprised me a little given the recent rain and wind storms we have had. I had a 3hr ride and loved every minute of it. The work in the gym is paying off, as my climbing has improved (i think) as I managed to sit down on a lot of climbs I would normally be out of the seat on.
Some of the new trail has bedded in well after the winter rains and constant riding by the local phantoms that build it. It is a shame about the cocks who like to pull and place dead fall over the trails. I cant wait to find the idiot that is doing this!! Revenge will be swift!
Tomorrow sees me join the FlatHill boys and do the single speed urban epic.... the pain from the last one is still etched in my mind (and the bonk I had on it that no amount of food could fix), but I am keen for it.
Anyway got to get sorted for tomorrow so
Happy Trails

No comments: