Monday, March 22, 2010

back to work in more ways than 1

Today sees me return to the coal face, yep back to the boss man, endless smashing the head against walls dealing with people, speaking to clowns on the phone. Since doing my job I find I prefer a environment with out phones and lots of people I have to talk to. I really do prefer my own company alot as I only have to impress myself!
I have had 5 weeks off since the birth of our daughter so today is reality day as I have to get into the grove of working, training and parenting. The last few weeks have blurred by, and I have been able to ride when ever I wanted, the boss is good to me and encourages me to get out.
Today will see me return to the gym as my back seems to have finally calmed down and I feel good so it is time to get some core work done again. I have missed the gym, but have been busy with a few side trips so I wouldn't have made it there anyway.
I am feeling like the climbing is improving after the last few weeks in the hills. Last week was a corker in the hills and I was really happy with the climb to Falls Creek, whilst I didn't get to the village I did myself proud, in my books at least.
I did manage some single speed fun over the weekend, actually Friday was my only day as I was laying concrete on Saturday for a tank base and yesterday I spent around here. I headed out to Lysterfield as Snozza had a new brake hose for my elixirs, so it was a good excuse to roll the trails. As soon as I started rolling a smile appeared on my face cause it was so nice to be rollin simple... no gears! just me and the bike. I rolled all the single trail out there including the Comm Games course (some trail maintenance is needed up there, as there are ruts that could swallow you whole) and back to Trail Mix to pick up my parts. A nice day indeed.
Looking at the forth coming racing season will see me have a hit out at the Aussie Marathon Champs next month in veterans.... going to be a interesting day!
I am looking into the Chase the Sun races again, which will take me into the ski season where I will be hopefully racing again, if I can do it with the family in tow. I just have to organise one of these babies to tow the kid around in, should be great resistance work for me! I am going to be up for the Kangaroo Hoppet again this year in a big way.

Fatties this Wednesday, so hope to see people there!
Happy trails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat traffic[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood avenues to build an income online.