Thursday, March 4, 2010

It comes in 3's

So last night I started my weekly must do which is attend the Fatties ride. I have organised it with the boss and the new edition to the family that Wednesday night is my night of sanity, not that life is at all insane at the moment! My decision to attend is mainly to support Neil as he is determined to do it every week. I will try and get there as much as I can as it is a good skills session on some trail close to Melburn.


The new edition doing her cute thing!

So I met Gav at his place and we rolled down to were the Fatties meet which has some sweet trail sections on the way to it. I was feeling good for a change as of late I feel like a fat diabetic having a hypoglycemic attack!
So we rolled out with 5 of us, Gav, Mario, Neil and Alex. I was feeling not to shabby and was rolling the trail nicely. Now some parts I don't fit into as my height and shoulder width is a issue so I skip em generally. So I met the boys in a clearing and was in the process of heading the the Burke rd bridge to cross the Yarra to head in to the city trails when I promptly flipped over the bars. I was less than impressed and had trouble in understanding why this happened. I discovered that there is a nice little stump protruding under the level of the grass and I had clipped it with my foot.
So with some dusting off and getting back on the bike we proceeded to head in and cruise the trail a little further, I bugged out on a couple of sections as I was now stiff as buggery and feeling a little worse for wear.
We got out to the trails at Yarra Bend and as we were negotiating a fast section I got a nice pinch flat that was totally deflated in 2 seconds flat. It meant I missed the Tiger snake issue that the others had whilst fixing the flat.
The rest of the ride was perfect on some nice trail on a barmy night. We soon ran out of light and on the way home I lost a cleat bolt and was now stuck in the pedal. We continued home with some borrowed flashers from Neil and Gav had a run in with a couple of bat strikes.... pretty funny really.
We got back to Gav's and had some pizza and beers which made it a fantastic night despite the few little issues I encountered.
I was feeling slow last night, not sure why but need to work on the speed thing a bit more.
Happy trails!

2 comments:

Jason Jackson said...

Maybe the weekends adventures effected your speed. I didn't feel that flash this week.

neil said...

I have organised it with the boss and the new edition to the family that Wednesday night is my night of sanity, not that life is at all insane at the moment! My decision to attend is mainly to support Neil as he is determined to do it every week

sweet, it's muchly appreciated dude.