Monday, March 29, 2010

the week that was

A quick week has flown by, busy on all fronts, work, family and bike. I have been back to the gym, the pain receptors can remember the gym in a big way. The bike front was slightly quieter than hoped, I managed a Fatties ride (aka wednesday night worlds) and was smashed by the time I got back to Gav's. He helped me shorten and bleed the Avid Elixirs before we went out, they are now running sweet. I have been doing some hills around Warrandyte State Park and some old but friendly trails that always give me a smile on the dial.
On the work front, time to win Tatts and retire! I am ever hopeful, but am aware that work is a nessacery evil.
I am slowly getting the Karate Monkey dialed in. I have been having some issues with the set up and headed over to talk with Jeff and get the bike set up adjusted. After a bit of cleat movement, dropping the seat height, shorter stem, I now seem to be 1 with the bike and not fighting it as much, particularly when climbing. It feels weird as many things were changed, but all in a positive way and we shall see if it is all good in a week or so.
I had planned to hit the hills in the Nongs this morning, but the weather has defeated me so, it is paper, brew and breaky time before I have some parental duties and a trip to work.
Hoping to make it to the Dirt Crits tomorrow night and Fatties on Wednesday. Some road miles will be the call over Easter as we will be down the coast doing the family thing.
It is not long till Aussie Marathon Champs and I am begining to have some concerns, but hey I will get through no matter what. May is looking good with the potential of Bendigo 6hr and CTS plus the Melburn Roobaix for a laugh. Will have to get some clerance from the boss, but it looks like it could be good fun.
Happy trails!

1 comment:

neil said...

Crits are next week. 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.

I made this same mistake, but realised only yesterday that I was wrong.