Sunday, May 23, 2010

funny how things turn out



So Jase and I head out for a ride in perfect conditions Saturday arvo. All is sweet, talk subject is gold, trails great fun, having a laugh in the sun. We are cutting a lap of Han's Hill and talking the merits of tubeless tyres and why I don't run em on the SS. I am going through the list of tube vs tubeless and thinking to myself that come NZ in October I should be on some tubeless and bam.... the tyre pops a bead and ends up like so. Now why did this happen, the tyre was seated perfectly, the pressure was in the sweet spot.... could it have been the 2hrs in the sun at home outside the shed waiting for its trip to the trail head. I don't know, I am glad it didn't happen on a downhill!!!
Been bloody cold for the morning commutes lately, but today took the piss when Gav and I ventured up the Nongs. Nice frost in parts.... good weather for Eskimo's! Not a bad week with around 200km for the week. I am happy with that as if I can keep it going through winter it will keep the legs turning over. I am slowly discovering that consistency is the key, I dont need massive kilometres in the bank, just enough to keep the engine warm. Chase the Sun next week, still deciding on a game plan.... running a low gear v's a high gear... I don't know what to do. Will have to see what course has been plotted and how I feel come Sunday.
Happy trails!

1 comment:

neil said...

in the immortal words of teenagers during the naughties.

Unlucky!