Sunday, July 4, 2010

wet, foggy & flats

Got little done as planned this weekend. A bit of bike maintenance yesterday as the road bike was giving me headaches in the rain the other day on the way home. New chain and some rear mech love was in order and seems to have done wonders. Skiing was put on the back burner as we had a few social engagements and looking at the snaps from the trail cams were making me slightly nervous about the prospect of driving and getting a poor ski in. May be tomorrow before work.... that's a big maybe.
Hit the Nongs this morning given that skiing was off the cards so I needed a decent hit out to burn the lungs into submission.... it worked, managed to shave a minute off my time which was nice. Very few out , given the cool wet and foggy ascent I don't blame them. I liked it though as it is always nice climbing up through the forest. Managed to pick up 2 flats today which threw me a bit, had to change the first and limped home the second.
Am off to the shed for some cleaning up and flat fixing!

No comments: