Thursday, September 23, 2010

elbows are a needed thing

My elbow has been giving me some major headaches over the last few months. Despite osteo treatments and lots of massage, ice and stretching it never seems to fully recover from riding, particularly on the rigid 29er.
Surprisingly the ski season seemed to do it some good and the constant workload I put it under XC skiing didn't inflame it as much as rolling rigid. The final nail in the coffin was the Grinderman ride. The descent half way through Han's loop started to bring tears to the eyes and I rolled through the ruts on the 200m descent. Ice and anti inflamatories were the call of the day post the ride.
After much deliberation and trials of rolling rigid with different tyre pressures I have had to purchase a new fork. I have searched high and low for something sweet that was obtainable.... a Fox F29 would have been sweet but finding one to meet the budget was not. I did discover this at the right price!


I am hoping to have it in my hot little hands at the end of next week if Mr Fedex can get here on time.
Bruce from Flathill has been running a XX on his 26 SS and loves it so I thought why not and with the Aussie dollar being strong this week I decided it was time to purchase one.
Will report on it and let you know how she rolls.
Happy trails!

No comments: