Saturday, September 18, 2010

its flying by

Hard to believe that it is mid September. The year has flown by. The weeks are getting shorter it seems. Had a few days in a new job this week so it really made time fly. At least the days are getting longer and its light at 6am. Makes for a nice change, as I am over the cold dark mornings that are often wet. The commute can only get better from here on in with the mud guards coming off briefly this week. Sure in a few months I will be whinging about the incessant heat in the afternoons.
I could still be skiing as there is still plenty of spring snow around. If it was not for the Singlespeed Worlds next month I would be skiing this morning after some fresh snow this week.
Road Worlds are only a a week and a bit away. Should be a blast watching the mens road race in Geelong.... that will be a big day. Will be calling in a favor or two so I can stay in Geelong the night before as it will be complete mayhem trying to get down there the day of the race.
Tomorrow is the Grindermen urban epic (80km's of singlespeed joy!), looking forward to it as some of the guys I haven't seen for months, good opportunity to catch up with the crew that is heading to NZ next month. I have to work a late shift so I will more than likely pull up stumps early so I can make the start of work a 1pm. So I should get a solid few hrs done and dusted. Dusted is the wrong thing to say as I feel that there will be some mud on the Yarra trails, hopefully not too bad as it has been reasonably dry this week in comparison to other weeks this winter.
Not alot else to report other than the maintenance continues in the workshop at home. Always something else to be done, will be time to sort out the road bike with new cables and a complete pull down and grease up after a long wet winter.
Happy trails!

No comments: