Thursday, September 2, 2010

Java Bean Run

Not much to say today.... got out for a quick roll just to pick up some gear for my other addiction, Java from my bean dealer @ Romeo's. A pretty short roll of 30 odd kms but it was nice to be out rollin free on the roadie again.
Missed out on any bike time yesterday as I had a early rise and shine to drive a 4 hr round trip to pick up some skis from Pullins @ Mansfield, plus it rained cats and dogs most of the day. Dropped the skis off last weekend on the way home from Falls Creed so the Wax Room there could give em a grind and hot box session. Pullins have a video which demonstrates what they did for me, just on my XC skate skis.

Pullins Wax Room from alex "chumpy" pullin on Vimeo.


They managed to get some of the nasty stone marks I picked up last year (I should have given them some love at the start of the season, might have made last weekend even more enjoyable). Cant wait to give them a go tomorrow!

I found this video, looked cool so thought I would drop it in!



Going to head to Lake Mtn tomorrow for what will most likely be the last ski of the year. Going to show Ryan Moody the local trails as he has never skied there before. Should be good as long as the temps stay in the negative tonight!
Weekend looks like a bit of a right off due to the major rain coming through. The predictions are for a big Pineapple Express (warm rain... bad for snow, bad for mtb trails, road riding, anything fun) dumping a months worth of rain in a day or two.
Happy trails!

No comments: