Monday, September 20, 2010

Grinderman Urban Epic



Yesterday dawned a little grey and rain was present as I stuffed down some breakfast. I was glad when I was driving towards the start point for the ride that there was going to be some sunshine. I stashed the car close to work so I could make it back to it in time to get to work (sometimes shift work sucks balls, but penalties for Sunday make up for it) and stash the bike.
I rolled out way to early and arrive at the start point with plenty of time to kill. Not fussed as I enjoyed chilling in the early sun and watching the roadies cruising along the Boulevard. Ewen was the first to turn up and was rocking his new 29er that he built for himself. Its rocking some S&S couplers and is a sweet ride. It breaks down into a suitcase for travel.

Every time I see one of his new frames they are better than the last, makes me want another. He told me that he can get the down tube dent removed from the Gorilla so after worlds I think I will get him to do it.
Anyway by the time 0830 rolled around we had at least 20 plus guys all bar one or two rolling single speeds. Awesome turn out and the weather was being kind so a good morning was going to be had. Unfortunately Gav missed the start and had a mechanical, so he was a no show.
Due to a event on the Boulevard we had to modify the start of the ride to avoid the crowds. We hit the trails and started having fun. The majority of the trails were in pretty good shape and we were ripping the trails in a massive conga line. A few have been pretty rooted from winter riding and still had massive amounts of stinky gloopy Yarra mud.
I had to pull up stumps early to get to work but managed to get in a lazy 60kms and rolled with the crew around Hans's loop. I stopped to help Hans fix a flat and by the time we got rolling again the crew had rolled on. I hope Hans caught em again. Me well I had to get to work shower and then devour a lot of food.
Awesome day out.... a big thank you to Bruce and Cam from Flathill for getting this going and leading a wicked ride. If you can watch out for the next one and come for a roll!
Happy trails

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Visit us at the moment to come by more low-down and facts anyway By us at the moment to grasp more low-down and facts at all events [url=http://www.polandlimoservice.com]transport osób warszawa[/url]