Thursday, August 4, 2011

getting it back and setting goals

Been a good week, weather has been more than kind and despite some low volume sleep I have managed to get out everyday so far.
I hit up the trails for a 2 hr roll home along the local trails from work on Monday. Even scored some nice time in the sun and made it home on dark. Some trails were just chewed out from winter riding. I don't get people who ride after and during rain events. I skipped some sections I knew would be screwed but found some solid trails and had some fun.
Tuesday was a short ride, as I popped a spoke 5 kms from home and had a front wheel trying to pretzel itself. I turned from home I packed it in.
Wednesday was a 1 way ride to work as I had a car there for the trip home. It was a super warm morning for winter and was glad to be free of booties, gloves and caps under the helmet.
Today travel to and from work was again graced by minimal kit.... I was rocking shorts and jersey on the way home.... unheard off during a Melburn winter.
As for goals I am putting it out there that I am signing up for the Alpine Classic again next year. I just booked a house today and am formulating some plans in my head on how to fit in the volume of training I will need to meet this challenge. It beat me last year and I plan to smack that ride in the face next year. Plans.... its coming together.
Next couple of weeks I am free of work and I think some racing on the dirt will be a good option. Warm weather has put the ski season on hold close to home and I cant justify the travel and expense of heading to Falls as I am not racing this year. Plus we have our house in pieces at the moment and that ain't cheap, but we are looking forward to the finished product in 6 months.



This doesn't help my mental state about missing the season this year. I see this from Snowfarm in NZ and want to go back tomorrow.... always next year.

Happy tracks

No comments: