Tuesday, May 13, 2008

its on

OK good news, the ankle is well on its way to being sorted. After days of jamming it in ice cold water buckets and eating Voltaren Rapid like smarties I am now back on the bikes. I have had 3 days of gentle rolling around. The last 2 were on the road bike and toady I tested it out on the 29er at the local trails. I ran the gearing combo of 32/ 20 which was good for climbing but lacked omph on the flats but will persist with the gearing as I am going to do some old school hilly rides in the coming weeks to get my shit sorted. Found a trail today that I had forgotten but will be used again as it was nothing but sweet flat rolling single track that hasnt had much use judging by the leaf litter on the top of the trail. I love finding stuff I have forgotten about as it mixes up the bordem of the same trails.
I am waiting for some parts to turn up via the post. Finally the rear axel and ends are in (6 weeks to come from the US via Brisvagus.....mmm not cool) for the White rear hub so I will have to plan to get them operational soon. The question I still pose is to be tubeless or not? The other task is to swap out my 160 mm front rotor for a 180 mm which should pull up my large carcass a bit better.
Oh and before I forget does anyone know if the trails in Birdland near lysterfeild are worth checking out? If so drop me a note in the comments section
later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big guy,the birdland trails are junk!

Anonymous said...

if thats across the road from lysterfield, then years ago iraced there a few times. there used to be some good stuff. am glad to hear you are getting better. i am at footy again sat but have different gig at private hospital sunday. mum will be there at footy though why isnt my website in your list?