Monday, May 26, 2008

night time

Headed out Saturday night for a loop with the usual suspects. First night ride in about 6 months and it was a hoot. Apart from one incident of me versus a tree stump, it was perfect (the stump won and had me lying prone asking myself why I was out at night). The conditions were cool with a bit of early evening mist rolling across the the open grasslands and the trails tacky. Took awhile to get the eyes adjusted to performing night time trail reading and by the end I was loving it again.
I am trialing a set of Maxxis Crossmark 29er tyres as I have heard people rave about the 26 inch version. I threw them on today and took the bike out with my trusty four legged companion (Farlee the trail, roo & rabbit chasing wonder dog) and was impressed. I have mainly been using the Maxxis Ignitor which is similar but does not have the straight line speed. Managed to run them at about 32 psi (not bad under my big arse!) and they hugged the trails spot on and hooked up where they had to. Will see how they run this weekend at the Chase the Sun 2 out at Lysterfeild.
The ankle is getting better and should put up with the abuse of a six hour race I hope. Should try an get back on the roller ski's this week and start to crank out some km's with the ski season only weeks away.


Farlee chillin out after chase a roo....mad, mad , mad dog. Wants to chase anything and everything!

Not a lot else to report... working to much and trying when I can t get ready for the winter with strangth and conditioning work to improve the core strength. I have planned out some nordic races for winter so cometh the snow and lets get it on!

Happy trails

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear they work really well on cross max wheels...

Gunsle said...

lol, Big Mak on Cross Max?

That'd be like a transatlantic flight on a paper plane!

Too few spokes, too many design problems.

But yeah they look good for W@nkers..

Anonymous said...

Not all wankers use cross max`s

Anonymous said...

Does Roberto know that you named ur dog after him?