Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Snap crackle pop

That's the sound the ankle makes when it is rolln over on the netball court..... should have known it would happen to me sooner or later. Netball, I admit ain't the most manly game but I had been having fun the last few weeks playing it but.... no more!
I spent part of last night in the services of health care professionals at the local hospital and I ain't the best patient as I just hate being on the receiving end. I have to go back tomorrow for a bone scan to see if there are any cracks in the ankle bones as there is a shadow on the X ray. So after a uncomfortable nights sleep I am resigned to sitting on the couch with the feet up and hobbling around on crutches. Best I can hope for is a sprain and ligament damage which may see me on the bike in time for Chase the Sun 2 :(.
On a positive note I ordered some gear from web cyclery last Thursday and it arrived yesterday. That is impressive and puts Australian mail order to shame. Fast efficient service, that's what it is all about. I have on back order some parts with a Australian distributor in QLD and they cant even tell me when the said gear will arrive. The thing that shits me is they are poor at dropping you a update..... trust me I will not be using them again and at this stage I will not name em but time will tell.
So I guess I will have to polish the bikes and put em away for a while and wait and see what news I get tomorrow.

keep pedaling if you can!

No comments: