Friday, May 30, 2008

girl friday



Enjoy the pic readers!

On another note, I see that my comments section is starting a debate about Crossmax 29er wheels. I personally have no issues with these wheels and think that if you want to ride them.... ride them. Hence my nick name of Big Mak I am no small person at 6 foot 5 and 120 kg's (should be playing football, ice hockey or just crushing skulls) and choose not to ride pre built wheelsets like shimano or mavic. My experience has been disappointing on the road with them and I have witnessed people half my size destroy wheelsets. I chose to have a hand built set of wheels under me because;

A: good wheel builders are a dying breed and whilst I can I will get them hand built. Hand built wheels last me longer with out interruptions. I can get a spoke at most bike shops and don't have to wait on the slow supply of a mavic wholesaler to get me the repair parts that are often over priced and take decades to get to me

B: I choose every part that goes into a build and it is built for me by someone who knows me... not on a machine in a cheap labour factory, plus they are different to everyone else running a wheel set from a big name manufacturer

C: I have seen to many high end wheelsets get fucked up by normal sized people just riding on the road so I don't have much faith in them for off road riding

D: You see the wheels in the magazine advertisement and want them cause your favourite rider is on them just remember this point. Pro's run wheel sets cause they get em free and are paid to endorse them..... doesn't mean that the wheels are the best thing cause wheels to a pro racer are like a hammer to a carpenter, it does the job!

E: I ride single speed and quite frankly running a single speed specific hub for chain line with a appropriate freewheel is a better option than a spacer kit and cog in my eyes

Further more don't be dissing people and calling them wankers on this blog, even if it is tongue in cheek. So enough ranting by me!
This being said ride what you want and when you do ride it.... ride it like you stole it!

No comments: