Sunday, October 12, 2008

back in the saddle

So the weekend has come and gone. It started yesterday with a bit of pain for me and what should have been a nice easy post nights recovery ride with Jase from Epix . Well after about 10 mins my body was not agreeing with the gentle pace and the bottom bracket on the Gorilla was screaming for attention. Now I put it away last weekend with out any noise. Got it out yesterday with it screaming for some love. It turned out that one of the cups had shat itself. So after a bit of mucking around post ride it has been changed and I am back on the hollow tech cranks as the White Industries have done their time.
So after cutting the ride short cause I was feeling like I was ready to hurl and felt like I had a nasty post night shift hangover. We headed straight to the bakery for a brew and a muffin. We headed back over the 4th hill and then on a descent I scored a flat... not my day.
Today I headed out with the Bundy bunch which heads out North from Melburn and up the Humevale climb towards Kinglake West. It was a good pace just what the legs needed with a little over 70km's covered. The bunch had a couple of hubbard's in it..... full of useless recommendations and glad to share their small mindedness, not to mention their snot as Jase will tell you. One guy was lucky not to get a bottle in the back of the head.
A young rider new to the sport overlapped a wheel and had it connect with the rider in front. Next thing he did a 90 degree turn in the bunch and somehow kept it up. It was a sphincter tightening thing to see when you are only 2 wheels behind. The rest of the ride was without incident and you barely needed to touch the pedals on the way home. Today the post ride has been spent chillin out with a bit of vegie patch building, and watching the Sun Tour on TV.

No comments: