Sunday, October 26, 2008

in the box

Yesterday NZ Gav and I checked out the Surfcoast 6hour race. The reason was to get in some fun racing and test the legs. Gav had a brillant ride and finshed high up in about 23rd place (bloody awesome on a single speed rigid 29er) unlike me who was in the 60's. I had a shocker. I could give way to many excuses (too much work this week, the heat, too big gear, soft in the head, dehydration, bad nutritional plan - none!), in the end it was not my day. I had a few issues to say the least and will have to work at ironing them out before the Gravity 12 hour. Some were body related and some where minor mechanical issues.


Me looking a little over it and a little larger than life!


Gav giving it a little nudge and enjoying himself

I have a plan for a bit of a epic ride the day after the Gravity if the body feels OK and the weather aint too shitty to be up on the Bogong High Plain. More on this later!
I have just crept in after a roll home from work which was bloody hot at 30 degrees and gave me flash backs to yesterday in dusty single track, sweaty and gasping for breath. But I feel all the better for the pedal home and will keep the legs ticking over till I come right in a day or two.
Happy trails

No comments: