Wednesday, October 1, 2008

all systems go

OK the 12 hr Gravity team has been set up so I guess I better get the shit together and get the bike fitness on form. Dont know the name of the team but I am in a 4 man, so should be a nice pace. Hey its a weekend away and I have a idea of a trail to explore the day after before heading home, not to mention a brew stop along the way.
Yowie this weekend so I will get out tomorrow to make sure the Gorrilla is set up to go. Think I will stick with the 32/19 combo cause it will give me some joy on the hills. Got some product coming from the US to spice up the rubber and the sock collection. Should be here next week.
My daily commute continues.... spring is here and weather is fine but the Magpies are back in force and I have had some taps on the helmet all ready. I was washed out by the rain on Monday but did it yesterday and pushed down the local bike path on the way home so I could grab a coffee and avoid the traffic. Its nice tapping out a gentle tempo and rolling along. But fuk me the bike paths are a dodgy find cause pedestrians, dogs and little kids with bikes is a nightmare, and not to mention that the extension of the trail to near where I live was built by a non bike rider (thing has some nasty grades with sharp corners and some of the surfaces will be interesting come next winter).
Gerro is home in a week or two so I am sure it will down the beach for some riding and catching up.
Happy trails

No comments: