Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reset

Finially got the body to reset itself after my night shift stint. This has been hard this time but at least it has come back together. After some house maintenece (putting in roof insulation.... not easy when you are my size) yesterday I managed to squeeze in a quick ride before heading out for dinner. Did a nice loop down through the local trail towards Warrandyte and headed down to the river along some special trails with nice stairs and narrow bridges. Spied a massive Echinda which was not to keen on my presence and soon buried itself.



The above picture is for the northern hemisphere readers who have no idea what the hell a Echidna would be! They are elusive and harmless.



The bike was almost running perfect after its quick pull down, clean and grease up. The new Conti 2.2 Mountain King's are great tyres, hooking up when they are needed and they roll pretty darn well. I am still trying to get the right pressure as the bag of the tyre is pretty small in comparioson to other tyres I have run, and you can feel it crab under you on certain trail conditions. The bottom bracket noise is gone thanks to me servicing the pedals and a new bottom bracket, and I was impressed to say that I had no trouble pushing a bigger gear yesterday around the trails.
Today is core strength day and then off to work for a bit of OT to pay for Big-Mak Canada 09. More on this later!
Happy riding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.