Thursday, April 29, 2010

Resting the days away



Been taking it really easy. It seems like I have been in a bear like pre winter festival of food and sleep, just before hibernation. Since the Marathon Champs I have been flat as a tack, I seem to be having massive sleep requirements. Seems like my body needs to have a bit of a reset. I am happy to oblige as the weather has suited sleeping, now it is more winter like.
On the topic of winter it is that time again to get myself organised for the forthcoming XC season. I will sit down this week and work out my plan of attack to do some of the races I did last year and hopefully get some better results than last year. The question on my lips is do I aim for the Hoppet again this year or just the Australian Birkie..... not to sure, guess it might depend on the skiable snow for training.
I am thinking about doing the 3hr race at Bendigo in a few weeks as I figure it might be a good lead into the 1st round of Chase the Sun. I am not to keen to commit cause I am finding the balance of family/ bikes is difficult as I want to be spending time with Grier when she is awake. Its all good playing dad but the reality is that you don't get fit playing at home, however you realise the importance of squeezing what you can into the time you have. The thought of a long journey in the car puts me off, the only other option to to spend a night up in Bendigo.
It will great when the ski season comes as I can take her with me in her new Chariot that arrives sometime soon care of this online site called bike kid shop.

Should be a good training aid towing her around the trails, at least it will give me some freedom to get on the snow this winter.
Happy trails!

No comments: