Wednesday, July 9, 2008

getting back on the skinnies



Managed a quick trip up today to Lake Mtn for a re introduction to my ski legs. There had been a fair dump yesterday of snow enabling us to have a 2 hr session today in -1 weather. The snow at higher elevations was spot on, being nice and dry and fresh. I took out the skate skis which quickly reminded me how taxing on the body skate skiing is, even when you have been doing some specific training.
The snow in the trees really was fantastic and as you can see in the photos worth dropping a few into the post. Fingers crossed this is the start to the season and I can spend more time on the ski's. If the predicted weather occurs in the next 24hrs of snow to 500m I will be laughing for the next couple of weeks with snow locally instead of tripping to Falls Creek.
We stopped in at Hargraves Hill Brewing Co ( I was trying to make July a beer free month to get my shit sorted for the Kangaroo Hoppet! ) in Yarra Glen on the way home for a light refreshment and taste test which was worth it. Sat in the sun and tested the brew which was spot on after a ski session, so if you are passing through it is worth a look!
In other news happy birthday to Richard E who should be painting the US town he is in red with celebrations!!!

Happy trails or tracks.... whichever you are doing!


No comments: