Thursday, July 17, 2008

what a week



Well I am sitting at home today feeling a little over tired. Tired? why is it so? I have just finished my 5th day out of seven on the ski's and am a little sore today. It has been great to get so many days in early on to get the ski legs back. It is a lot different swapping from roller ski's to the snow as you have to get yourself out of some habits. I have skied around 120kms in the last 5 sessions so I am feeling it.
The snow has held up well and at times a little soft but still worth skiing whilst it is there. It is rumoured that there is a bloke grooming from Royal Gorge in the states which might explain why the trails have lasted. Even Tam has been up a few times and I know she is feeling the skiing as well as she has been busy and not had much time to run since returning from the states.



I was speaking to the head patroller the other day who was indicating that Lake Mountain was thinking about MTB access in summer and was considering building some single track which sounds promising as all the amenities are there and it would be a prime place to hold a race. We will have to see if it comes to life but the excitement was there when the plans were being out laid to me.
So back to work today and fingers crossed for some snow this weekend to top up the trails so I can get out there next week. Will have to get back on the bike for the coming days to offset the ski legs.
Tour time has been draining the system a little with all the late nights and power naps on the couch whilst waiting for the final 30 kms. Gerro is there but marking his time I think before he has another crack at a break away. Shame his attempts didn't come off last week but it is Le Tour and anything can happen!



Happy trails

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It enables us to express our feelings and opinions.

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.